Terms & Conditions
Bring your community together through engaging content.
By using www.vurvey.co (the “Site”) or utilizing the Vurvey Platforms, such as the collaboration platform “Board Platform” or the video surveys “Vurvey Platform” available through the Site, mobile applications or other means, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the “Terms of Service”) that govern your access to and use of the Site and the content, functionality, and Platforms provided to you through it (collectively the “Vurvey Platform(s)” or “the Platform(s)”), whether as a guest or a registered user. Please read the Terms of Service carefully before you start to use the Platforms. By using the Platforms or by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms of Service when this option is made available to you, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms of Service and our Privacy Statement, found at https://vurvey.co/privacy.html, incorporated herein by reference. If you do not want to agree to these Terms of Service or the Privacy Statement, you must not access or use the Platform.
You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you or your use of the Platforms. Vurvey Labs, Inc. (“Vurvey” or “we,” “us” or similar words) reserves the right to update and modify the Terms of Service at any time without notice. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Platform thereafter. New features that may be added to the Platform shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Should you continue to use the Platform after any such modifications have been made, this shall constitute your agreement to such modifications. Violation of any part of the Terms of Service will result in termination of your account.
If you open an account or use the Platform on behalf of an entity or individual that has contracted with Vurvey for use of the Platform (a “Vurvey Client”), or in connection with Platforms that you provide to a Vurvey Client, then (i) “you” includes you and that Vurvey Client, and (ii) you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the Vurvey Client with the authority to bind the Vurvey Client to the Terms of Service, and that you agree to the Terms of Service on your own behalf and on behalf of the Vurvey Client.
In the event you are using the Platform as the employee, agent, representative or vendor of a Vurvey Client that has a separate commercial agreement with Vurvey for use of the Platform and such agreement conflicts with the Terms of Service, such separate agreement shall control in the event of any conflicting terms. In order to use the Platform, you must comply with any written agreements between you and a Vurvey Client and, and all written agreements between the Vurvey Client and Vurvey. You understand that Vurvey Clients are not our agents, our partners, or in a joint venture with us and have no right to bind us, and that any agreement or dispute between you and a Vurvey Client and/or any agent of the Vurvey Client is between you and such Vurvey Client and/or the agent of the Vurvey Client only, and Vurvey will have no liability with respect to such disputes.
1.0 Account Terms
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to participate in the Platform.
- You must provide your name and a valid email address in order to sign up and use the Platform. It is a condition of your use of the Platform that all the information you provide is correct, current, and complete.
- You agree that all information you provide to register for the Platform or otherwise, including but not limited to through the use of any interactive features on the Platform, is governed by our Privacy Statement, and you consent to all actions we take with respect to your information consistent with our Privacy Statement.You are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your account and all access credentials, including your identification and password. You must not share your credentials with anyone nor allow anyone to use your credentials to access the Platforms. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to your account or any other breach of security. Vurvey will not be liable for any damage or loss that may result from your failure to protect your login information, including your credentials.
- Except with regard to multi-tenant instances, setting up multiple accounts for use by one person is not permitted.
- You must not, in the use of the Platform, violate any applicable law or regulation (including but not limited to any copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property laws). You will not use the Platforms to: transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter” or “spam,” or any other similar solicitation; impersonate or attempt to impersonate Vurvey, a Vurvey employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing); or engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Platform or that, as determined by us, may harm Vurvey or users of the Platform or expose them to liability. Additionally, you agree not to: use the Platform in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Platform or interfere with any other party’s use of the Platform; use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Platform for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Platform; use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Platform or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent; use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Platform; introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful; attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Platform, any server or other platform on which the Platform is stored or operated, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Platform; attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Platform.
2.0 Cancellation and Termination
- You can request for your account to be cancelled or terminated, for any reason at any time.
- You can request that Vurvey delete your account, including any posted content, at any time, and it will be promptly deleted and there will be no further use of the content. However, we will not retrieve content from recipients that have already been provided and paid for survey responses.
- Vurvey, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Platform, for any reason at any time, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms of Service. Such termination of the Platform will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account. Vurvey reserves the right to refuse the Platform to anyone for any reason at any time.
3.0 Fee and Payment
- Vurvey reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Platform (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Vurvey shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Platform.
4.0 Copyright & Content Ownership
- In using the Platform, you grant to Vurvey and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns a transferable, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free right, with the right to sublicense, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute material you provide to the Platform and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology to determine how our Platforms are used and to improve them, to operate the Platform and to provide our Platforms to you. If you are a Consumer Participant, you further grant the foregoing rights to Vurvey Clients. For the avoidance of doubt, parties are permitted, but not obligated to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, display, translate and distribute such material or to incorporate such materials.Do not upload anything to the Platform that isn’t yours unless you have explicit right to its use. This includes other people’s photos, video, or stuff you’ve copied or collected from around the Internet. As a matter of practice, it is better to link to the source rather than copy.
- Vurvey does not pre-screen content, however Vurvey and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Platform for any reason. Vurvey will investigate notices of copyright infringement and take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 521(c)(2) (“DMCA”), including the termination of accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any materials on the Platform infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials from the Platform by sending written notice to our Copyright Agent (designated below). The DMCA requires that the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) include the following: (i) your physical or electronic signature, (ii) identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Platform, a list of such works, (iii) identification of the material you believe to be infringing, in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material (or you can send us screenshots to assist our review), (iv) your contact information (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address), (v) a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law, (vi) a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate, and (vii) a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner. Our designated Copyright Agent is Jonathan Lepolt. Please send your DMCA Notice to our designated Copyright Agent via mail or email at: 1008 Race Street, Suite 400, Cincinnati, Ohio 45252 or [email protected] Your DMCA Notice must be properly addressed and (if by mail) sent with sufficient postage. If you fail to comply with the above notice requirements, your DMCA Notice may not be effective. Please be aware that if you knowingly misrepresent that material or activity on the Platform is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and legal fees). It is our policy to terminate repeat infringers in appropriate circumstances.
- Vurvey reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Platform. The copyright in the design, content, layout and look and feel of the Platform is owned by Vurvey, and all rights are reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, reuse, or modify any portion of the visual design elements or code without express written permission from Vurvey. No right, title, or interest in or to the Platform or any content on the Platform is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved by Vurvey. Any use of the Platform not expressly permitted by the Terms of Service is a breach of the Terms of Service and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
- The Vurvey name, logo, and all related names, logos, product and Platform names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of Vurvey or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of Vurvey. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Platform are the trademarks of their respective owners.
5.0 User Contributions
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs through your account.
- Vurvey will collect, use and share your content as described in our Privacy Statement.
- The Platform may contain message boards, chat rooms, personal or personalized web pages or profiles, forums, bulletin boards, and other interactive features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display, or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Platform. All User Contributions must comply with the Content Standards (as defined below) set out in the Terms of Service.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and (ii) all of your User Contributions do and will comply with the Terms of Service.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Vurvey, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. Vurvey is not responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Platform.
- Vurvey has the right to: (i) remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion, (ii) take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including if we believe that such User Contribution violates the Terms of Service, including the Content Standards, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Platform or the public, or could create liability for Vurvey, and (iii) take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Platform.
- Without limiting the foregoing, Vurvey has the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Platform. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS Vurvey AND ITS AFFILIATES FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY Vurvey OR ITS AFFILIATES DURING, OR TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF, INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER VURVEY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
- We do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Platform, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
- The Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions and use of interactive feature on Platforms. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local, and international laws and regulations, and, without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not: (i) contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable, (ii) promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age, (iii) infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person, (iv) violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations or that otherwise may be in conflict with the Terms of Service or our Privacy Statement, (v) be likely to deceive any person, (vi) promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act, (vii) cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person, (viii) impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization, or (ix) give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by Vurvey or any other person or entity, if this is not the case (the forgoing collectively referred to as the “Content Standards”).
6.0 General Conditions
- YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE PLATFORM IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ON AN AS IS AND AS AVAILABLE BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
- VURVEY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (I) THE PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PLATFORM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE PLATFORM WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (VI) FILES AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE INTERNET OR THE PLATFORM WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE CODE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPLEMENTING SUFFICIENT PROCEDURES AND CHECKPOINTS TO SATISFY YOUR PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS FOR ANTI- VIRUS PROTECTION AND ACCURACY OF DATA INPUT AND OUTPUT, AND FOR MAINTAINING A MEANS EXTERNAL TO OUR PLATFORM FOR ANY RECONSTRUCTION OF ANY LOST DATA. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, VURVEY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- Technical support is available via email at [email protected] and via online support system.
- You understand that Vurvey uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Platform.
- You agree not to resell, duplicate, reproduce or exploit any part of the Platform without the express written permission of Vurvey.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Vurvey customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You must not transmit or permit the transmission of any worms, viruses, Trojan horses or any code of a harmful nature.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL VURVEY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR MEMBERS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE PLATFORM, ANY SITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE PLATFORM OR SUCH OTHER SITES. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT VURVEY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF VURVEY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PLATFORM; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE PLATFORM; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PLATFORM; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PLATFORM. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you will indemnify, defend and hold Vurvey and other Vurvey Clients, and other Consumer Participants, and each of their respective agents, employees, officers, members, directors and representatives, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including, without limitation, reasonable legal, attorneys’ and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from: your violation of the Terms of Service or a breach of any of your undertakings, representations or warranties made under or in connection with the Terms of Service; your failure to secure your access credentials or any person’s use of them to access the Platforms; any activity related to use of the Platform by you or any other person accessing the Platform using your account; any violation of the intellectual property rights of any third parties; any violation of applicable laws or regulations relating to your use of the Platforms; and any content submitted, posted, transmitted or made available through your use or connection to the Platform.
- The failure of Vurvey to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms of Service is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect. Unless you (or the person or entity for which you act as a Client Representative, if applicable) has a separate commercial agreement with Vurvey for the use of the Platform (in which case such separate commercial agreement shall control in the case of conflict), the Terms of Service, including the Privacy Statement, constitutes the entire agreement between you and Vurvey and govern your use of the Platform, superseding any prior agreements between you and Vurvey (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to Vurvey via email at [email protected]
- These Terms of Service will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio without giving effect to its conflicts of law provisions. Unless otherwise expressly agreed to by you and Vurvey in another agreement or in any attachments hereto, including the Privacy Statement, all disputes arising out of or relating to the Terms of Services, or the breach hereof, shall be resolved by binding, confidential and final arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and pursuant to the New York Convention. If parties are unable to select an arbitrator then AAA shall select the arbitrator. Judgment on any award entered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. You agree that you may bring claims against Vurvey only in an individual capacity and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding.
- Version 1.3 – August 3, 2013
- Version 1.4 – April 28, 2016
- Version 1.5 – May 25, 2016
- Version 1.7 – June 1, 2016
- Version 1.8 – June 24, 2016
- Version 1.9 – June 27, 2016
- Version 1.10 – May 25, 2018
- Version 1.11 – March 28, 2021
- Version 1.12 – March 8, 2023