Batterii LLC (“Batterii, ” “we” or “us”) respects individual privacy and values the confidence of users of our Platform, and believe it is important for you to know how we handle the information we receive from or about you via our website at www.batterii.com (the “Site”), through our on-demand co-creation platform (the “Board Platform”), our video surveys (“Vurvey Platform”), our mobile application tools and services offered on the Site (all together, the “Batterii Platform(s)” or “the Platform(s)”) and whenever you interact with us.
This Privacy Statement describes the information we collect from and about you through the Platform and whenever you interact with us; how we use that information; how we share it; how we protect it; and the choices you may make with respect to your personal information. Batterii strives to collect, use, and disclose personal information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business.
Batterii offers its Platform in two different ways: 1) working directly with individuals who are either participating in, responding to or developing Platforms (collaboration boards or surveys); or 2) working through client accounts, where employees, customers and others affiliated with a Batterii client utilize the Platform and the client also has responsibility for how your information is used and shared. We refer to all of these individuals throughout this Privacy Statement as “Users” of our Platforms, but will distinguish the uses and sharing of User personal information for these two types of Users where appropriate.
How Do We Collect Information?
As you interact with us, we may collect information about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you, through interactions such as, setting up an account, filling in forms, including those on the Site, when you carry out transactions with us, when you communicate with us (including by submitting content, soliciting content, or email and SMS), when you use our Platform, if you report a problem with our Platform.
- From our clients who contract with us to provide workplace collaboration tools or conduct surveys on their behalf.
- From technology when you visit our Site. From parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- From third parties or public sources, such as, platform providers, data brokers/resellers of data, business partners, advertising networks, social media platforms and networks, public websites, government entities that maintain public records, or information that you submit to a public forum.
We may combine information that we receive from the sources described in this Statement, including third party sources and public sources, and use or disclose it for the purposes described below.
When we receive personal data about you from our clients in order to provide our Platforms, Batterii processes the personal data as instructed by our clients and in accordance with our contractual obligations. Our clients are responsible for complying with regulations or laws regarding notice, disclosure, and/or obtaining consent prior to transferring the personal data to us for processing and the terms of our client agreement supersede the terms of this Privacy Statement and our Terms of Service. If you are using our Platform through a Batterii client, please contact the client directly to understand what information they collect, how they use it, with whom they share it and other privacy/security details.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect the following information:
- Your contact details, such as name, e-mail address, birthdate, phone number and zip code
- Client contact details such as name, title, business email address, business phone number, mailing address
- Address books or email lists in order to conduct surveys
- Demographic information, such as gender, general location (not specific GPS), hobbies and interests
- Account information, such as username, password and e-mail address and account preferences
- Payment information if we compensate you for your participation, such as electronic payment account details (Venmo, Paypal, etc.)
- Communications with us, such as customer support calls and emails Information about how you use the Platform
- Information collected automatically through technology when you use our Platform, such as IP address; browser type and language; operating system; domain server; type of computer or device; and other information about the device you use to access our Site or utilize our Platform; as well as internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our Site, Platform or advertisements
- Photos, video/audio clips or written comments that you provide through the Platform Professional or employment information, such as your place of work, title, department Inferences, drawn from any of the above to create a profile about our users
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use your Personal Information to:
- Provide our Platform to you and our clients Analyze, improve and expand our Platform
- Market or advertise (note that we do not market to Users that utilize Batterii Platforms exclusively through our clients)
- Manage relationships with our clients, suppliers and partners Respond to inquiries or requests for information
- For legal, safety and security reasons.
Batterii’s clients may make additional use of the personal information collected; you should consult your employer’s privacy statement or the privacy statement of our client who solicited your participation, for information about how they may use your information.
With Whom Do We Share It?
- Affiliated companies: We may share some or all of your information to our parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- Batterii clients: If you came to us through a Batterii client, your information will be accessible by our clients/customers who use the Platform in cooperation or participation with you.
- Service providers: Batterii also may transmit or share your personal information with its third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and other technology and services required to design, improve, operate and maintain the Platform, as well as other third party services, such as payment for participation, which may require that your personal information be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of Batterii and the authorized third parties referred to here.
- Professional Advisors. We may share your information with our accountants, lawyers, and other professional advisers that assist us in carrying out our business activities.
- For legal, safety and security reasons: We may disclose your information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We also may share such information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, Master License Agreements or as otherwise required by law.
- With third parties regarding corporate changes: We might buy or sell businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the information we collect may be part of the transferred assets.
- Consent. We may share personal information that we hold about you with your consent or at your direction with non-affiliated third parties.
Batterii also may provide de-identified or aggregated data, including non-personal, summary or group statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related Site information to reputable third-party vendors and customers.
Except as described in this Statement, Batterii LLC will not give, sell, rent, or loan any identifiable personal information to any third party.
When you visit the Site or use the Platform, we may use session cookies (a piece of information stored on your computer) to allow the Site or Platform to uniquely identify your browser while you are logged in and to enable Batterii to process your online transactions. Session cookies also help us confirm your identity and are required in order to use the Platform. Batterii may use persistent cookies that only Batterii can read and use, to identify you as a Batterii customer and make it easier for you to log in to the Platform. Users who disable or choose not to accept cookies through their web browser settings will be able to browse our Site, but will not be able to access or take advantage of the Platform.
Batterii collects usage information about users of the Site and the Platform via a third party Platform called Mixpanel. You may choose to opt-out of Mixpanel usage tracking via this opt-out request form: https:// mixpanel.com/optout/. If you get a new computer, install a new browser, or erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers), this may also clear the Mixpanel opt-out cookie.
You also may be able to use a browser “Do Not Track” feature to access this Site. Different browsers use different methods to communicate such “Do Not Track” signals; the industry has not yet adopted a uniform method to do so. For this reason, our Site may not be able to interpret or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
If you want to access, correct, or update your information, you may do so by logging into your account. You can also delete your profile by logging into your account. For further assistance deleting information we have about you, please reach out to us at [email protected]
You may opt out of receiving certain future email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you receive from us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails or communications related to your account with us. You may also contact us at the email provided in this Privacy Statement.
Children’s Personal Information
Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to participate in the Platform. If we obtain knowledge that we have personally identifiable information about a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information from our existing files.
Protection of Information
Batterii maintains reasonable security measures to protect your information from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. These technologies help ensure that your data is safe, secure, and only available to you and to those you provided authorized access. However, no data transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Data retention and deletion
If you no longer wish for Batterii to retain the personal information that was submitted in order to create an account on the Platform, at any time you may request that your personal user profile be permanently deleted from the Platform. Otherwise, Batterii will not retain data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Batterii may update this Statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this Statement we will post an updated notice on this Site with the date it was last updated. The most current version of the Statement can always be reviewed by clicking on the “Privacy Statement” link located at the bottom of our Site.
Terms of Service
Please note that there are separate Terms of Service, incorporated into this Privacy Statement by reference, which you can access by clicking Terms of Service at the bottom of our Site.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement or about the security practices of Batterii LLC, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail at 1008 Race Street, 4th Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Your EU Privacy Rights
Batterii is a Data Processor for our clients where we process the personal data of Users in order to provide our Platform through client contract. When we are a Data Processor, we process the personal data in accordance with the instructions of the Data Controller. If you use our Platform through our client (your employer or other entity who requested your participation), you should contact them directly to exercise any rights with respect to your personal data or request information about the processing of your data.
For Users whose personal data we collect directly (without the direction of a Batterii client), Batterii is a Data Controller under the General Data Protection Regulation.
We process personal data as a Data Controller using the following legal basis:
- Legitimate interest – we process personal data to meet our legitimate business interest such as to develop and improve our Platform, support our sales and business operations, secure our systems, facilities and personnel.
- Legal obligation – we process personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Performance of Contract– we process personal data in order to perform or fulfill our obligations under an agreement with you or the entity with which you are affiliated.
- Consent – we may process personal data based upon the provision of your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
If you are visiting the Site from the EU or where applicable EU data protection laws so provide, subject to certain limitation and exceptions, you may exercise the following rights regarding your Personal Data:
- Know About Access, and Receive a Copy of Your Information Right to Rectification
- Data Portability
- Right to Restrict or Object to Processing
- Erasure of Personal Data
- Right to Not be Subject to Automatic Decision Making
- Right to Complain to a Supervisory Authority in the EU
- Right to refuse or withdraw consent
If you have questions about exercising any of those rights or their applicability to any of our particular processing activities or have questions about any data transfer mechanism or want a copy thereof, you may contact us at [email protected] or at the address provided in the Contact Us section above.
If you are using our Platform through a Batterii client, please contact your employer or the entity that recruited your participation directly regarding the rights outlined above.
International Transfer of Information Collected
Batterii is located in the United States. Authorized Batterii personnel and third parties acting on our behalf may access, use and process personal data collected from or about you in a country that is different from yours, and which may have different, including less stringent, data protection laws. If you are accessing our Platform from regions outside of the U.S., you are thereby transferring your personal data to the U.S. and, thus, you consent to such transfer to the U.S. or to any other country in which we operate. If you do not consent to the transfer of your personal data, please do not use our Platform.
For personal data processed on behalf of our clients, Batterii transfers personal data from the EU in accordance with the standards and conditions of applicable data protection laws, including acceptable data transfer mechanisms, such as Standard Contractual Clauses.
Your California Privacy Rights
Batterii is a Service Provider for our clients where we process User personal data in order to provide our Platform to our clients. When we are a Service Provider, we process the personal data in accordance with the instructions of the Business.
If you are a California consumer seeking to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act with respect to information we hold on behalf of our clients (that is, if you are utilizing our Platform through your employer or another entity that recruited you to participate), you should reach out directly to the client.
Batterii does not share your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
- Version 18 – June 1, 2016
- Version 19 – June 27, 2016
- Version 20 – May 25, 2018
- Version 21 – June 30, 2018
- Version 22 – July 2, 2019
- Version 23 – April 12, 2021